Thanksgiving is a special occasion during the year when everyone comes over to celebrate. It’s a chance to spruce up any interior with the best color schemes for Thanksgiving and liven it up with decorations and color palettes. Not an easy task but with tips on what color or theme to use and choosing specific design elements like specific decorations, wall décor or anything that is used for the table setting to make all centerpieces, decorations stand out more. Getting everything right with the matching color/theme and decors that lead up to standout presentation for all your guests to see and appreciate when meal time comes!
Fall and Autumn Themes
Get that fall look into your decoration and theme is done by using warm and rich colors that spice up any interior that has a fall/autumn vibe to it. Work in autumnal shades with colors like browns, taupe, yellow and don’t forget burgundy! Intensify the warm colors with other orange hues, red for an emphasis and rich yellows that blend in with both orange and red shades.
Working in all these warm fall/autumn colors into the décor and the theme will allow anyone to create beautiful decors and center-pieces for any table setting/interior or exterior decor.
Setting up: Décor ideas, Table setting, Centerpieces
Here are some quick and easy décor ideas that’s easy to make and very creative as well for the occasion!
- Pumpkins and Gourds are interesting décor because of their warm and natural colors with organic shapes for ultimate variety. Keep them clustered and arranged to greet guests, for something of interest as they walk up the porch. Used on napkins as accents and also open topped for place cards too.
- Candles create a lighted atmosphere when placed in metal lanterns to create a lighted ambiance indoors or outdoors with a combo of tea lights, depending on the space it will be placed in. Tea lights create an emphasis of light and dark areas interiors or use scented candles for added effect.
- Table decorations and centerpieces with berries and natural materials is easy to make and inexpensive as well too with emphasis on warm autumnal themes. Warm colors, textures of orange, red and yellow will unify the setting with how they are arranged. These elements create unique table decors and centerpieces for any table setting.
Designing the best fall/autumn themes is all about interiors with the best color schemes for thanksgiving that will be a visual delight before and during the occasion. Having all the decor ideas, table setting and centerpieces all synched and arranged well is the aim. Most hosts like it that guests will have more than a delicious meal but also a painstakingly made table as well!
Does your small space (apartment, condos, mobile home) need improvement? It’s all easy to do with decorating and décor tips for a small space to make it roomier. First thing to do, get rid of all the clutter! As Americans, we have a tendency to purchase compulsively; as a result, we end up with areas in our home filed with useless crap. Take a serious inventory of everything you own and store. The cost to have a small load of items hauled away is a drop in the bucket compared to holding onto unneeded items. You can always rebuy items at a later time, should you find yourself in a larger living space down the road. Freeing up space is the key to making the most of the tips to follow.
Creating the perfect small space by adjusting everything to your needs, not the opposite. Defining the spaces that are relevant will go a long way in maximizing the space available.
Steps to do before redecorating
You’ll need to do these things first to maximize the space before decorating.
- Decluttering will give more space.
- Layering with color and accents to add depth in cramped spaces.
- Emphasis on curves not linear lines will do for more organic spaces.
- Storing and organizing stuff to limit clutter.
- Vertical storage in corners or spaces for books and other stuff.
- Redefine spaces by separating sections to place furniture and decor.
- Furniture that can be stowed together is better than a humongous piece.
Dedecorating small spaces
Some practical suggestions to before decorating small spaces like apartments, condos or mobile homes.
Make an illusion of more space
First off; you’ll need to use light and airy colors to make space look fresh and add plants to inject some green for natural looks. Put mirrors or metallic décor near or opposite the window for a play of light. Another trick is placing curtain rods at 4 to 6 inches to the the ceiling to make a window seem bigger. Addition of stripes or stripped designs like curtains and wallpaper that makes it look less cramped. All furniture a gap away from the wall is better and don’t place humongous furniture where it looks too small!
Get dual-purpose furniture and mobile furniture which is better in a cramped apartment when re-arranging. See-through furniture will define small spaces better and pick furniture with built-in storage space as well. Get rid of any items that are oversize, bulky or too bold.
Alternative ways to increase space
Space is increased with hanging shelves not bulky cabinets that take up more space! Corners shouldn’t be kept empty and walls as alternative storage/display areas for more drawer space too.
Small spaces get roomier
No matter how small your living space is or whether it’s a apartment, condo or mobile home no need to fret. Decorating and décor tips for a small space will create and maximize whatever space is presently available. Easy to follow tips makes any cramped space look better in no time.
A rug is an important accessory which is often neglected. It is versatile and coordinates with colors, and placement with other elements to tie everything in a cohesive design for better-looking interiors. Designing the interior of a home around a rug can be tricky so these design tips will come in handy.
How to use rugs
There are several ways to use it for the best interior design by thinking where it goes and how to complement any space.
- Rugs define spaces in the house with specific themes and elements for the desired look.
- Colors and patterns on a rug should match with existing schemes to complement or enhance any space better.
- Integrating any rug patterns and colors for more harmony with existing themes in a house with much space.
- Rugs can anchor most unifying colors and design in any space within the home.
- Choose rug patterns for busier or subdued effects in relation to other elements in a room. To create a unique mood for any specific theme.
- Get the right sized rug for a specific purpose but never get one that is too small or too big.
What are the Do’s and Don’ts when using rugs
Just knowing how to use rugs in designing spaces is not enough; it takes more, like following the do’s and don’ts for better interior design. Even taking it a step further by researching additional tips on flooring design trends.
How to use rugs: Do’s
It is best to extend rugs under so that none of the floor will show under the legs of furniture. Too much negative space under the legs will not look too good. Placing all the furniture legs on the rug is the best method but having just the front is okay as well. It is practical to have legs placed on the rug from slipping about. Read More →