A rug is an important accessory which is often neglected. It is versatile and coordinates with colors, and placement with other elements to tie everything in a cohesive design for better-looking interiors. Designing the interior of a home around a rug can be tricky so these design tips will come in handy.
How to use rugs
There are several ways to use it for the best interior design by thinking where it goes and how to complement any space.
- Rugs define spaces in the house with specific themes and elements for the desired look.
- Colors and patterns on a rug should match with existing schemes to complement or enhance any space better.
- Integrating any rug patterns and colors for more harmony with existing themes in a house with much space.
- Rugs can anchor most unifying colors and design in any space within the home.
- Choose rug patterns for busier or subdued effects in relation to other elements in a room. To create a unique mood for any specific theme.
- Get the right sized rug for a specific purpose but never get one that is too small or too big.
What are the Do’s and Don’ts when using rugs
Just knowing how to use rugs in designing spaces is not enough; it takes more, like following the do’s and don’ts for better interior design. Even taking it a step further by researching additional tips on flooring design trends.
How to use rugs: Do’s
It is best to extend rugs under so that none of the floor will show under the legs of furniture. Too much negative space under the legs will not look too good. Placing all the furniture legs on the rug is the best method but having just the front is okay as well. It is practical to have legs placed on the rug from slipping about. Read More →